1 cup milk,
100g unsalted butter,
10g baking powder,
pinch of salt,
250g low-fat sour cream,
350g condensed milk,
1 tablespoon vanilla essence.
Sponge cake – a European type of cake. Soaked in simple syrup or other flavors, they are delicious. I found this recipe in the book “On Cooking”. The original filling was orange flavored, but I decided to use a regular one – from condensed milk and low-fat sour cream. The texture of this cake is gentle and very airy. As this cake rises very well, it works beautifully as the base for any sponge cake.
1.Preheat the oven to 180° C. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Put this mixture aside for now.
2. In a saucepan on low heat, warm up milk and butter, until butter is melted.
3. In another saucepan, beat the eggs with the sugar, until the mixture is smooth and light, for about 5 minutes.
4. Gradually add flour and milk in turn. A spoonful of flour.
5. And 1/4 cup milk mixture.
6. Beat mixture until smooth. Grease the cake tin with oil and sprinkle lightly with flour. Pour batter into it and bake for 40-50 minutes. It took me 55 minutes exactly.
7. The finished cake should turn out browned and springy. Let it cool for a little.
8. And for the filling: mix the condensed milk, sour cream and vanilla essence in a blender until smooth.
9. Take the cake out of the cake tin.
10. Shift it into a larger container, such as a pot, which is slightly larger in diameter. Pierce the cake deeply over the entire surface with a sharp knife or a fork.
11. Slowly fill it with the filling.
12. Leave it to soak, covered with a lid, for 5 hours. If you soak it over night, it soaks a lot better. The texture of this sponge cake should be like a sponge, and in this time it should absorb all of the filling.
13. Voila! The sponge cake is completely finished! It was certainly easy, but I think all sponge cakes are. This is a delicious soft, moist and dense cake. Because of the sweet milk filling, it just simply melts in your mouth and is perfect with a traditional cup of tea or coffee.
1 kg of pork (loin, sirloin), 3 teaspoon paprika, 1 / 2 teas...
1kg potatoes, 3 lightly beaten eggs, 1 medium onion, 60g flour,...
1kg chicken, 4-5 stalks of celery, Spring onions, 300g mango ...
1 melon, 100g sugar, juice of half a lime (or lemon). I reall...