juice of half a lime (or lemon).
I really like frozen desserts and there are so many great ones, such as vanilla ice cream, granite, and of course semifreddo sorbet, which will be discussed in this post. Sorbet is a frozen dessert made from sweetened water with fruit (typically juice or puree), wine or liquor. It is often called sherbet or Italian ice, but goes by many other names. Sorbet is similar to ice cream but is a great healthy alternative as it has absolutely no fat. I did not use any water as the melon was quite juicy.
1. Cut the melon in half, remove the seeds. Cut the melon into wedges and remove the skin. Add the cut melon to a blender with the sugar and lime juice. Blend until it becomes a smooth sauce.
2. Pour the mixture into a container and put it in the freezer for an hour or two.
3. Remove the sorbet from the freezer, put in the blender and beat again.
4. Move the beaten sorbet back into the container, put back into the freezer and freeze overnight.
5. Voila! The delicious refreshing melon sorbet is ready. If you want your sorbet slightly softer, remove it from the freezer and move to the refrigerator for 20 minutes, before serving.
lettuce, 3 orange, 1 onion, sesame seeds (optional), for dre...
500g dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cherries), 250g cooled stro...
Lean veal: 2lb (900g), Cold heavy cream: 1 pt. (480 ml), Fresh...
150g biscuits, 60g unsalted butter, 250g philadelphia cream chee...