60g unsalted butter,
250g philadelphia cream cheese,
1 lime (or lemon),
100g white sugar,
At the moment there are hundreds of different recipes for cheesecake. Different ingredients differ each cheesecake from another. The most important element in any cheesecake is the cheese, the most commonly used cheeses are philadelphia, mascarpone, and ricotta.
This is one of my favourite recipes for traditional baked cheesecake from the book The Cheesecake Bible, it will require a little patience though and some free time.
1. Melt the butter. Set aside.
2. Grind the cookies in a blender to a fine crumb.
3. Add the butter to the cookie crumbs.
4. Mix well.
5. Wrap the bottom of a cake tin with a diameter of 22cm with foil. Spread the crumbs on the bottom of the tin, tightly press the crumbs into the mold so it is even with a flat surface. Send to an oven preheated to 180g for 10-15 minutes, depending on your oven.
6. The cake base should be golden brown. Set the cake aside and cool.
7. Make the stuffing. Beat the ricotta until creamy.
8. To the ricotta add the philadelphia chese, honey and sugar.
9. Beat until fully combined.
10. Grate the lime zest.
11. Add the lime zest and juice to the cheese mixture, mix well.
12. Stir the eggs in one at a time. Set the mixer on a high speed. Work as quickly as possible so the mixture is as light and airy as possible.
13. Pour the cheese mixture over the biscuit base. Lightly knock the tin a few times to get rid of excess air bubbles.
14. Now put the cake mold into a heat resistant container, pour hot water into the dish about 3-4 cm deep. Cook in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for about 60-80 minutes depending on your oven. The top of the cheese cake should be nicely browned and should quiver slightly, it will harden in the refrigerator. My cake took 85 minutes to cook.
15. Move the finished cheesecake from the oven and allow to cool completely. Use a sharp knife to go around the edges of the cake to easily remove it from the mold. Put the cake in the refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
Voila! The cheesecake is ready! If you are a fan of cheesecake you’ll love this recipe. It is luxurious with a beautiful velvety texture and a rich cheese taste.
300g salmon, 2 teaspoons honey, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 2 te...
1 kg of pork (loin, sirloin), 3 teaspoon paprika, 1 / 2 teas...
200g cottage cheese, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1...
2 sweet pears, half a pineapple, 300g grapes, 300g strawberr...