5 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoon salt,
50g fine sugar,
milk-used for kneading the dough.
I’ve long wanted to try traditional English scones with tea. In the United Kingdom having scones with tea is just as traditional as eating a morning croissant in France. I spent ages looking for a good recipe, then I finally found the easy recipe. It turns out these scones are incredibly easy to make, they basically require no effort- half an hour and your done, and they are made from ingredients commonly found in your kitchen.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with oil then lightly flour it.
In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Cut the butter into small cubes and add it to the flour.
3. Rub the butter in with the flour using your fingers until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and mix well.
4. Peel the apples. Coarsely grate half of the apples, then finely chop the other half. My apple pieces are a little too large, they should be a bit smaller 😉
5. Add the apple to the flour mixture, mix well. Gradually add the milk -about a teaspoon, then knead. Add another teaspoon if you need, I only used 2 teaspoons.
6. Put the dough on a floured board, knead for a few minutes. Roll the dough out about 1 inch thick.
7. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the scones.
8. Put the cut out dough onto a baking tray, brush them with milk and sprinkle lightly with sugar -preferably dark sugar. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes. My scones took 25 minutes.
9. Take the scones out of the oven and shift to a cooling rack. Cool.
10. Voila! The delicious English scones are ready! Have them with your favorite brew of tea, cut them in half and serve them warm with philadelphia cream cheese and your favourite jam. Even though outside is rainy and overcast my heart is very cozy and warm.
2 cups flour, 1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 / 2 teaspoon s...
250g of cottage cheese (ricotta here), 1 egg, 1 / 2 cup flour, ...
1 large chicken (1.5 kg), 2 medium onions, 2 cinnamon sticks, ...
300g prawns (frozen), lettuce, 10-15 cherry tomatoes, 2 garlic...