500g chicken liver,
100g unsalted butter,
5 tablespoon olive oil,
100ml white wine,
2 medium onions,
1 clove garlic,
100ml whipping cream,
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a few sprigs of thyme.
This delicate pâté has an exquisite taste. It is well suited for a simple sandwich for lunch or just a snack. I often have my pancakes with pâté. I would encourage you to try this recipe! What’s more, it’s quick and easy to prepare.
1. Slice onions and chop up garlic.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan, melt half the butter in the oil.
3. While the butter is melting, add thyme sprigs to make a fragrant oil. Let them cook for about a minute, then remove.
4. Fry onion and garlic until golden.
5. Add liver and fry for about 8-10 minutes. We want the liver to remain juicy.
6. After 8-10 minutes, add wine, salt, pepper, and a pinch of nutmeg.
7. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Add cream.
9. As soon as it boils, remove from heat.
10. We put everything in a blender, and blend until completely smooth.
11. This pâté tastes so delicate. Put pâté into containers.
12. Melt the remaining butter, carefully drain the upper transparent layer of oil onto pâté.
13. Place pâté in refrigerator.
14. Tomorrows breakfast will be pancakes with pâté.
For a 5 liter stockpot: A chicken carcass, 2 large onions, 2...
1 red bell pepper, 2 large eggplants (or 9 large), 1 red onion, ...
2 cooked chicken breast, 2 large peeled tomatoes, 80g pitted bla...
Preparation time 35 minutes + 2 hours for cooling, serves 6-8: ...