15g granulated sugar (1 tablespoon),
7g baking powder (1 tsp.),
375ml whole milk,
30g unsalted butter,
2 small eggs,
I’ve always wanted to try real American pancakes, and even went so far as to buy a ready mix of them. When I came across this recipe in the book “On Cooking“(p. 673), I decided to waste no time, and prepare them straight away. The original recipe is without blueberries, but there is a footnote that says you can add these delicious berries, and as I had a punnet of blueberries needing to be used, I decided to put them to good use.
1. Melt the butter and put it in freezer or refrigerator to cool.
2. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
3. In a separate container, mix the milk, eggs, and the chilled, melted butter.
4. Add the milk mixture into the flour, mix well until smooth.
5. Add the berries. Gently stir.
6. Warm up the pan well, grease with melted butter. Pour 60ml or 1/4 cup of the mixture into the middle of the pan.
7. Once bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake – turn over and fry until tender, about 20-30 seconds.
8. From these ingredients I got 14 wonderful lush pancakes.
9. What can I say, the recipe is pretty simple. I like the fact that there are so many variations possible, and you can improvise how you like. The original recipe calls for twice the amounts I have given you, but if you have a small family, 14 pancakes are enough, as they are not only delicious but also nutritious. You can serve the pancakes with either honey and fresh berries or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
120g unsalted butter, at room temperature, 120g brown sugar, 1...
Sponge Cake: 400g flower 300-450g sugar 1 cup milk, 5 eggs, 1...
2 slices of pork chops (escalope is a nice cut), salt and pepper....
500g plums, 4 eggs, 360 ml milk 60 g sugar, 60 g of...