For a 5 liter stockpot:
A chicken carcass,
2 large onions,
2 stalks of celery,
A few sprigs of thyme,
3 black peppercorns,
1 bay leaf,
2 sprigs of parsley or basil.
White stock is usually made from chicken, beef, veal or fish bones, with vegetables and seasonings. Bones are a very important ingredient; they add the rich taste and color to the broth. From this stock, you can cook wonderful soups and sauces. This recipe is taken from the book ” On Cooking “(p. 222).
1. Cut the bones into pieces of approximately 3-4 inches long.
2. Put the bones in a 5-liter pot and cover with cold water.
3. Put the pot on the stove and bring to a boil, removing scum constantly.
4. When the broth boils, reduce the heat to low. Add mirepoix (onions, celery and carrot) and pepper.
5. Add thyme, basil and bay leaf.
6. Cook over low heat for about 3.5 – 4 hours with the pot partially covered. After 4 hours, you will have a very rich and flavorful broth.
7. Strain broth through a fine-mesh colander or, even better, through gauze.
8. The broth will be transparent, but very rich and flavorful. In the process of cooking the broth, don’t add any salt, so that later, when you use the broth for soups or sauces, it will be clear how much salt is needed.
9. Pour broth into a container.
10. If you do not use it now, then allow the broth to cool down immediately by putting the container into a pot of cold water until it’s cool; then put the container into the freezer until you need it.
1 cup of rice, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, 1...
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup hot water, 1 cup flo...
For the dough(makes about 600g): 400g flour, 200g cold unsalted ...
3 ripe bananas, 200g flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 100g uns...