2 tbsp of olive oil,
Chateau potatoes is a traditional side dish of French cuisine. Potatoes are tourneed, parcooked and then sauteed until golden brown.
1. Peel and wash potatoes.
2. Carefully, using sharp knife tournee the potatoes. This way potatoes look much better and fry better because of small size.
3. You must get your potatoes of approximately this shape.
4. Pancook the potatoes. Place the potatoes to boiling water and parcook for approximately 5-7 minutes (depends on the thickness of the potatoes). They should still be raw in the middle.
5. Remove the potatoes and let them dry.
6. Heat the pan over medium heat, add 2 tsp. of olive oil and melt butter into it.
7. Spread the potatoes on the pan and saute over medium heat on all sides until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper after you remove the potatoes from the pan.
8. Voila! Chateau potatoes are ready to serve. Actually, its a traditional side dish for the chateaubriand steak in bearnaise sauce. But I think you can use it as a side dish for any type of meat. Try beef meatballs in cream sause, for example.
225g flour, 50g granulated sugar (1 tablespoon), 7g baking pow...
Cooking time 1 hour 30 min., serves 6: 2 pieces of good pork te...
250g low fat cottage cheese (ricotta), 100 g of natural yoghurt...
Preparation time 45 minutes, serves 4: 75g unsalted butter, 2...