About 8 medium sized potatoes,
400 grams of mushrooms (button mushrooms),
4 cloves of garlic,
a small bunch of parsley,
4-5 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil,
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper,
300 ml double cream.
In the original recipe twice the amount of cream was used and it had no mushrooms, when I made it I thought it would go great with mushrooms and a little less cream, this is my version of the recipe. This recipe comes from Richard Bertini’s book «Cook: in a Class of Your Own» and was accompanied by the following words – «Warning: this dish is addictive» (Note: this dish is addictive), and indeed it is.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Clean, peel, then cut the potatoes into thin slices (2-3 mm).
2. Wash the starch from the potatoes.
3. Meanwhile, chop mushrooms.
4. Warm the oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Evenly spread the potatoes in the pan and stir so they are covered in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
5. In a separate pan cook the mushrooms with one tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
6. Once the potato slices are sticky, add garlic and just enough cream to cover the cover the potatoes. Do not drown the potatoes in cream as it is only needed to flavour the dish.
7. Lower the temperature and cook until the cream begins to thicken, this should take around 5 minutes.
8. Remove the mushrooms from the heat when softened.
9. Finely chop the parsley.
10. Remove the potatoes from heat, check the seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed. Add the mushrooms and parsley to the potatoes and stir through.
11. Move to a baking dish. Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes. That’s it! The dish is ready!
12. This dish is great tasting and nutritious. The combination of potatoes, mushrooms and cream make it a very homey and comforting dish.
250-300g flour, 200g unsalted butter (at room temperature), 100g...
150g flour, 75g butter (room temperature), 150g sugar, 130g ...
500g fresh strawberries, 250g mozzarella, 1 mandarin (or grape...
Cottage cheese dough: 150g unsalted butter, 190g cottage cheese,...