2 cups flour,
1 / 2 teaspoon baking powder,
1 / 2 teaspoon salt,
100g unsalted butter, room temperature,
half cup sugar,
1 tablespoon vanilla essence,
1 egg + 1 egg yolk,
1 cup chocolate chips (I used Hershey’s chocolate chip).
Cookies are like small flat cakes. What’s great about cookies is how versatile they are; they can be eaten simply as a snack or they can be an elegant ending to a dinner party. They are great with cream, ice cream or fruit. The other great thing about cookies is that the flavour possibilities are endless, all you need is some imagination, you can use chocolate, oatmeal, corn meal, fresh or dried fruit and nuts. By using a basic cookie recipe anybody can create their own delicious invention. For example, in the 1930’s Ruth Wakefield invented one of the most popular pastries in the U.S. -the chocolate chip cookie. One day Ruth decided to bake cookies mixing chopped chocolate through dough hoping the chocolate would melt and make chocolate cookies. However, because of the laws of physics, Wakefield pulled chocolate chip cookies out of her oven.
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a separate container beat butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Add egg and egg yolk, beat well.
4. Add a tablespoon of vanilla essence and stir.
5. Add the flour to the butter mixture and gently stir. Knead the dough lightly.
6. Add chocolate chips.
7. Mix gently and put into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
8. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. We take the chilled dough and spoon small portions (about 1/4 cup) of dough on to the baking sheet. It is important to space the cookies out as they will spread, leave a 4-5cm space between each cookie. Bake for 15-20 mintutes or until golden brown. Be careful not to burn.
9. That’s it! Cookies ready, it should come out very crisp, but soft and crunchy, just homely and comfortable. His well-Serve warm with cold milk.
For the dough: 50g unsalted butter, cold, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons ...
2 eggs, 1 tablespoon yogurt, mushrooms, 1 slice of ham, ...
Sponge Cake: 400g flower 300-450g sugar 1 cup milk, 5 eggs, 1...
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup hot water, 1 cup flo...