7.8 medium-sized tomatoes,
1 can of canned peeled and diced tomatoes,
3-4 cloves of garlic,
3 sprigs rosemary,
3 sprigs thyme,
1 bay leaf,
1 tablespoon olive oil,
salt and pepper to taste.
This fresh and flavorful tomato sauce is the basis for so many wonderful dishes and is very easy to prepare. It is perfect for pizzas and pastas, and goes well with meat and fish. Sauce flavoured with rosemary and bay leaf is good for meat, whereas poultry should be served alongside sauce flavoured with basil.
1. Cut a cross into the bottom of each tomato.
2. Fill a bowl with boiling water, add the tomatoes and let sit for a few minutes.
3. Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and garlic.
4. Strain the boiling water and remove the skin from tomatoes.
5. Peel should come off very easily.
6. Put the tomatoes in a blender.
7. You should get about a liter of crushed tomatoes.
8. Warm a tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan, add garlic and fry for a minute on low heat.
9. Add the onion, fry for few minutes until transparent.
10. Then add the crushed tomatoes, bring to the boil whilst over a low temperature.
11. Add the herbs and bay leaf to the tomatoes.
12. Cook for about an hour, stirring periodically. The sauce should thicken and reduce.Season with salt and pepper towards the end of the hour.
13. Voila! The sauce is ready. You can use it like this, or you can grind in a blender or rub through a sieve until smooth. Prepared sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for several days and just needs to be warmed to serve.
1.2kg chicken, half a zucchini, 1 large onion, 2 garlic cloves,...
225g flour, 15g granulated sugar (1 tablespoon), 7g baking pow...
200g flour 200 g sugar 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, ...
225g flour, 50g granulated sugar (1 tablespoon), 7g baking pow...