vegetable oil (canola oil here)
sprig of rosemary,
1 clove of garlic,
for the batter:
2 tablespoons corn meal,
2 small eggs,
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Wipe the chicken dry with paper town and cut into oblong pieces, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. Make a batter. Mix corn flour with eggs, add milk, mix until the batter has the consistency of sour cream. Add salt and pepper to season (you can add any of your favourite spices to the batter if you like.)
3. Pour about 3-4centimeters of vegetable oil into a deep frying pan. Warm the oil over a medium heat. Add rosemary and an unpeeled clove of garlic to the oil, this will make the oil fragrant and flavorful. Make sure not to overheat the oil, ensure the oil is bubbling slowly but not at a full boil. After a few minutes remove and discard the rosemary and garlic.
4. Dip the chicken into the batter ensuring both sides are covered. Gently drop the chicken into the pan.
5. Once the bottom side of the battered chicken has become golden brown – turn. Keep the pan over a medium flame.
6. Move the cooked pieces on to thicken paper napkins or kitchen towel, to absorb the oil.
7. Voila! The battered chicken fillet is ready! This chicken is great with Chinese sweet chilli sauce. Serve along side cooked rice drizzled with soy sauce.
12 chicken thigh fillets, pineapple (fresh or canned), 2 tablesp...
Mirpua (mirepoix). This vegetable mixture consists of 50% onions, 25% ...
500 ml of milk at room temperature, 200 g of flour, 2 eggs, ...
Cooking time 1 hour 30 min., serves 6: 2 pieces of good pork te...