Half of a fresh French loaf,
zest of half a lime or lemon juice,
1 teaspoon sugar,
1 teaspoon vanilla essence,
1 / 2 cup heavy cream,
1 / 2 cup of milk,
a little butter for frying,
berry compound butter.
French toast – the taste of childhood. It is easy to cook, everything is very clear and simple. This is a quick, nutritious, and incredibly tasty breakfast. This French toast is slightly different from the usual French toast, now you’ll understand why.
1. Have you ever french toast made with egg yolks only, no whites? Let’s try. Separate, the egg yolks from the whites. I tried to buy half and half (which is 50% cream and 50% milk) but I couldn’t find any on sale so I just used a combination of milk and cream, mix this into the egg yolks.
2. Add the vanilla extract, sugar, zest and a little bit of love. Mix.
3. Slice the bread.
4.Dip the bread in the egg and milk mixture, ensuring both sides are evenly covered.
5. Spread on a baking tray.
6. Heat a frying pan, add a little butter. Add the bread to the pan. Fry over a medium heat.
7. Fry until golden brown.
8. Put the finished toast onto a serving plate. Here you can see the difference between French toast, prepared with whole eggs and the french toast we made using only yolks: the toast has not burnt which usually happens with a whole egg mixture but the toast has a nice yellow colour from the yolks. Also, their is no “eggy” taste, the toast has a subtle and pleasant flavour.
9. The toast is ready but I like keeping it in the oven (preheated to 160 degrees) to keep it hot. I’ve spread the toast on a baking tray and put it in the oven for 5-10 minutes.
10. We get the hot toast from the oven.
11. Spread every piece of toast your favourite berry compound butter, you could even use both! If you like drizzle with honey or maple syrup, it will make the toast sweeter and even tastier!
150g biscuits, 60g unsalted butter, 250g philadelphia cream chee...
200g flour 200 g sugar 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, ...
225g flour, 50g granulated sugar (1 tablespoon), 7g baking pow...
2 turkey legs, 2 garlic cloves, 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream, 2...