5 large potato,
For the filling:
butter (you can use a flavoured compound butter if you like),
a half cup of 50% cream and 50%milk,
1 teaspoon Philadelphia cheese (or any soft cheese),
2 cloves of garlic.
Garnish is a French word meaning “to decorate, fill, and accompany”. These potatoes are a fantastic garnish for any meat, fish or poultry dishes.
1. Prepare the potatoes for cooking; clean, wash, and chop them. Put them in a pot and cover with water, add salt and cook over a low heat until tender.
2. While the potatoes are boiling prepare the ingredients for the filling.
3. Once the potatoes have cooked drain them, then beat until they are smoothly mashed. To this, add the butter (I’ve used two types of compound butter: butter with parsley and butter with red pepper , you can use normal butter but you will not get the same flavour), crushed garlic, and Philadelphia cheese. Heat the oven to 180 degrees.
4. Heat the milk and cream mixture over low heat. Do not boil.
5. Add the milk to the potatoes.
6. Beat well until the potatoes are fluffy.
7. We evenly spread the mash into a baking dish, grate some cheese over the top. Now we put the potatoes in the oven.
8. Once the cheese has melted and gone golden brown take the potatoes out of the oven, they are ready to serve.
9. You can cut the potato into squares or use shaped cutters for your beautiful and delicious potato slices.
10. Serve hot. This dish can be served with any meat, fish or poultry dish, or just by it’s self.
225g flour, 50g granulated sugar (1 tablespoon), 7g baking pow...
Preparation time 45 minutes, serves 4: 75g unsalted butter, 2...
500g mussels (without the shells), 3 hard boiled eggs, 100ml dry...
2 turkey legs, 2 garlic cloves, 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream, 2...