500 ml of milk at room temperature,
200 g of flour,
2 eggs, room temperature,
60 g of butter unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon sugar,
a pinch of salt.
For the filling:
liver pate ,
For the sauce:
a few strawberries,
Pancakes are one of my favourite breakfasts. I love them because you can make them spur of the moment and improvise or you can make elaborate and delicious pancakes. Pancakes are delicious, comforting and nutritious as well as being very pleasing to the eye. The pancakes in this recipe are light, fluffy and very easy to cook.
1. Separate the egg yolks from whites.
2. Beat the yolks with sugar.
3. Add the butter, stir well until smooth.
4. Add the milk.
5. Combine the flour and salt, then sift into the wet ingredients.
6. Mix well.
7. Beat the egg whites until they form into stiff peaks, use a slow setting, it should take 5-6 minutes.
8. Gently fold the egg whites into the mixture.
9. Gently fold the egg whites using bottom to top movements, until the mix becomes light and fluffy.
10. Heat the pan then grease with oil (I use oil spray), you will only need to do this once before frying. Use a ladle to spoon the pancake mixture into the middle of the pan, evenly spread it using a wooden stick, or lift the pan and swirl to let it spread.
11. When the edges of the pancake turn golden brown turn the pancake using a flat spatula.
12. Fry the other side for a few seconds, do not allow the pancake to over cook or it will become hard, brittle and dry.
13. Voila! The pancakes are ready, this recipe should yield 12-14 pancakes.
15. Top with thinly sliced rings of pickles.
16 First, we fold the pancake vertically.
17. Then horizontally.
18. It is important that the pancake has not gone cold while you decorate. I think aesthetics of food is very important. Good dishes should be used and the table should be tastefully set, this will make the meal even more special when you serve it to your man and will put him in a great mood. I think that a meal should be able to distract people from their daily worries and make them happy. Also appearance of food helps initiate the digestive system by stimulating the appetite.
19. Now we’ll make a sweet filling using Philadelphia cheese and strawberry jam, apricot jam or marmalade. Smear half of the pancake with cheese.
20. Then with strawberry jam.
21. We fold into a triangle, fold in half.
22. Now like this:
23. And so:
24. Next, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a mint leave and a scoop of strawberry ice cream .
25. Make a strawberry sauce, blend a few strawberries and powdered sugar, blend until smooth.
26. Roll the pancakes into tubes, you can spread cheese and strawberry sauce on the inside like I did, or if you like pour the strawberry sauce over the top. Serve in pairs.
27. You could even spread the pancakes with cheese and jam as well as the sauce on top, trust me, it’s delicious!
Lean veal: 2lb (900g), Cold heavy cream: 1 pt. (480 ml), Fresh...
Tiger prawns : 500 g, thyme and other herbs to taste, garlic: ...
3 eggs, 90g shrimp, 2 tablespoons onion, clarified butter for f...
1kg chicken, 4-5 stalks of celery, Spring onions, 300g mango ...