2-3 chicken breast,
salt and pepper,
2-3 tablespoons flour
1 onion, 6 cloves of garlic,
120ml of dry cooking wine,
15mls of lime juice (juice of half a lime),
180g chopped and peeled tomatoes or canned tomato puree,
120ml chicken stock,
6 leaves of basil.
This recipe comes from the book “On Cooking” (page. 485). The chicken fillet in this recipe turns out very tender, juicy and flavorful because it’s cooked in a tomato sauce. It’s a very quick and simple recipes, also it’s even tastier then you could imagine.
1. Wash the chicken fillets and dry with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper.
2. Roll in flour.
3.Melt butter in a hot skillet, place the chicken breast in the pan.
4. Fry until the breast iscooked on both sides. It should take 7-10 minutes on each side. To check the readiness of the chicken pierce the breast with a sharp knife, if it is thoroughly cooked the juices will run clear.
5. While the chicken cooks finely chop the onion, garlic and basil.
6. Move the cooked fillets from the pan.
7.Add some oil to a pan (you can use some of the oil you fried the chicken in), fry the onion and garlic until it becomes golden brown.
8. Add the wine and lime juice.
9. Add the tomatoes and stock (I just used a stock cube but if you have chicken broth you can use that). Allow to cook over a low heat until the sauce has evaporated slightly and you have a thickened consistency.
10. Layer the chicken over the tomato sauce, sprinkle the basil over the top and cook over a low heat.
11. Voila! The chicken is ready! Serve it with the hot tomato sauce. Potato mash or salad are great accompaniments for this dish.
1 ripe avocado, 200g ricotta or low-fat cottage cheese, 1 tables...
4 hard boiled eggs, 4 large tomatoes, 100g mayonnaise or yogurt,...
120g unsalted butter, at room temperature, 120g brown sugar, 1...
1 cup rice, 1 pineapple, 1 onion, 1/4 cup orange or pineapple j...