1kg of ground beef,
1 onion (about 125g),
30g unsalted butter, 60g fresh breadcrumbs,
1 teaspoon zest from a lemon or lime,
500ml of stock (vegetable or chicken),
125ml double cream,
2 tablespoons flour.
This recipe is one of my all time favourites, it is very easy to make, the meatballs are juicy and very tasty. Delicious!
1. Finely chop the onion.
2. Fry it until it becomes soft and transparent.
3. Take the onions out of the pan and put them in the refrigerator to cool.
4. Combine mince, onion, egg, salt, pepper, nutmeg, zest, bread crumbs and butter.
5. Give it a good mix.
6. Shape the mixture into small balls.
7. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lay the balls out on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. Take the meatballs out of the oven after 15 minutes.
9. Warm the cream in a water bath. Do not allow the cream to boil.
10. Mix the hot cream together with the hot stock. I used a vegetable stock cube.
11. Carefully put the meatballs into a deep baking dish. Pour the stock and cream over the meatballs then put back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
12. Take the meatballs out of the oven and carefully pour the sauce into a separate container.
13. Make a roux to do this melt the butter in a fry pan and add 2 tablespoons of flour. Lightly cook for a minute, stir.
14. Add the cream mixture to the roux. Stir and cook over a low heat until the sauce begins to thicken.Pour into a serving dish. The finished sauce should be thick.
15. Voila! The meatballs are ready, drizzle with the cream sauce and serve with lingonberry jam.
500g chicken, salt, pepper, vegetable oil (canola oil here) ...
500 ml of milk at room temperature, 200 g of flour, 2 eggs, ...
2 turkey legs, 2 garlic cloves, 4-5 tablespoons heavy cream, 2...
30g flour, 180g sugar, 500ml milk, 6 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon va...