350g pork (fillet),
1 large onion,
1 bell pepper,
2 garlic cloves,
2 tablespoons olive oil,
salt and pepper.
I found this recipe by accident, it’s always great for a quick and satisfying dinner. I spied this recipe on a Dominican channel, the chef spoke Spanish and although the recipe wasn’t translated it was easy to understand, so I decided to make the recipe myself and I love it! Since then I’ve kept it in my recipe piggy bank.
1. Coarsely slice the onion and garlic.
2. Cut the bell pepper in half lengthwise, then slice.
3. Cut the meat into small strips.
4. Heat the pan over high heat, pour in oil, add the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium then fry until the onion is soft and slightly browned.
5.Once the onions have softened add the bell pepper. Fry for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat.
6. Move the peppers and onions to the edge of the pan leaving a space in the middle for the pork. Lay the pork in the middle of the pan, season with salt and pepper, fry for about 3 minutes until the meat is slightly browned on the bottom.
7. Turn and fry for another 3 minutes.
8. Mix the meat and vegetables, fry for about 3-5 minutes, stir regularly.
9. Voila! Turn the heat off, grate the cheese over the top.
10. Wait until the cheese has melted over the top, then move to a serving plate. This dish requires nearly no effort and only uses one pan. You can serve this dish with your favourite side dish but I think it goes best with salad.
1 melon, 100g sugar, juice of half a lime (or lemon). I reall...
500g dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cherries), 250g cooled stro...
lettuce, 2 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, pinch of paprika, chives, 2 ...
1.4kg chicken legs (or rabbit), 100g butter, 1 large onion (or...