1/2 cup flour,
1 tablespoon white granulated sugar,
1/2 teaspoon salt,
2 large eggs,
2/3 cup half and half (50% milk+50% cream),
1 teaspoon vanilla essence,
2 tablespoons unsalted butter,
3-4 large apples,
1/4 cup brown sugar,
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon,
1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice, powdered sugar for dusting.
The perfect German apple pancake must have a crispy crust and is airy around the edges, but with a sweet and creamy inside. I use green sour apples which gave a perfect balance of sweetness and sharpness. Thinly sliced apples are cooked in butter with brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, giving the apples a beautiful golden colour. Start off by baking at high temperature, so that the dough rises quickly, and then reduce the temperature to cook the pancake perfection.
1. Move the baking tray to the top of the oven and preheat to 260 degrees. Prepare the apples by peeing and coring them.
2. Cut the apple in half and cut into thin slices.
3. Mix flour, granulated white sugar and salt in a bowl.
4. In another bowl mix the eggs, half-and-half and vanilla essence. Stir until smooth.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients.
6. Whisk well for 20-30 seconds. Set aside.
7. Heat a oven safe non-stick pan (approximately 25cm in diameter) over a medium heat. Melt butter.
8.Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon to the pan.
9.Fry over a medium heat until the apples are golden brown, this should take around 10 minutes.
10. Now we have to work quickly. Pour the batter over the apples and remove the pan from the heat. Quickly put the pan in the oven.
11. Lower the oven’s temperature to 225 degrees and roast the pancake until tender, this should take about 15-20 minutes. The edges should be crispy. Use a spatula to free the edges of the pancake from the pan.
12.Move the pancake onto a serving plate with the bottom side up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and cut into triangles.
2 slices of pork chops (escalope is a nice cut), salt and pepper....
200g flour 200 g sugar 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, ...
Tiger prawns : 500 g, thyme and other herbs to taste, garlic: ...
Cottage cheese dough: 150g unsalted butter, 190g cottage cheese,...