1 cup rice,
1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice,
1 teaspoon sugar,
1 garlic clove,
2 teaspoon olive oil.
This is a Thai recipe which goes very well with fish or poultry. It is very easy to cook and the fresh pineapple can be replaced with canned pineapple if necessary.
1. Wash the rice and strain it.
2.Pour 2 cups of water into a pot and bring to the boil. Add the rice to the water, lower the heat and cook for 15-20minutes until all the water has evaporated. Do not stir at all while the rice is cooking. Be careful not to burn.
3. While the rice cooks prepare the pineapple; peel, core and cut it into slices.
4. Heat a pan and evenly layer the pineapple. Fry for two minutes on each side. You will not need any oil.
5. Fry until golden brown.
6. Set the pineapple aside and allow to cool.
7. When the rice is ready cover it with a lid and set aside.
8. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
9. Cut the cooled pineapple into cubes.
10.Warm the oil in a pan, add the onions and garlic, whilst stirring fry until the onion becomes soft and transparent.
11. Squeeze the juice from the orange, add a teaspoon of sugar.
12.Add the pineapple and orange (or pineapple) juice to the onion. Simmer over a medium heat until all the liquid has evaporated. The pineapple should be soft and sweet.
13. Mix the pineapple and onion through the rice.
14.Voila! Garnish and serve with soy sauce.
Into two portions: 1 ripe avocado, 2 tomatoes, dressing of...
500g New Zealand mussels (about 12 mussels), 4 strips of bacon, ...
60ml purified butter, 60g wheat flour. Ru (roux) is a cooked mixtu...
For 2 people we need: 1 bunch of arugula (can be replaced with an...