20g unsalted butter,
1 small onion (around 85g),
1 stalk of celery (around 25g),
60g branched broccoli to garnish,
500ml white stock,
175ml double cream,
salt and pepper.
This recipe was taken from the book “On Cooking” (pade 287). I have long searched for a perfect cream soup recipe on the Internet, but all my attempts have ended in a fiasco. Too much cream or it doesn’t thicken. But this recipe for cream soup turned out perfectly! Very gentle, really creamy, rich full-bodied taste. It is not hard to cook and is made quickly, provided that all the ingredients are prepared in advance.
1. Cut the onion and celery.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the broccoli, onions and celery, cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soft.
3. Add veloute to the vegetables.
4.Cook for about 15 minutes, until vegetables are completely soft.
5. Blend the soup until it is completely smooth.
6. Put the soup through a sieve.
7. Return the soup to the stove and dilute it with hot stock until it reaches desired consistency. It is not necessary to add the whole 500 ml, as some people like soup thicker, some prefer it thinner. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
8. Cook the soup over very low temperature, add the hot cream. Never add cold cream, it must be hot (the stock should also be hot) and added just before serving. Mix well and remove from the heat.
9.Voila! The delicate cream soup is ready. Serve and garnish with blanched broccoli florets. Enjoy!
For the dough: 50g unsalted butter, cold 1 egg, 3 tablespoo...
350 grams of fresh ricotta cheese , 2 eggs, 2 tablespoon pow...
150g flour, 75g butter (room temperature), 150g sugar, 130g ...
Half of a fresh French loaf, 2 eggs, zest of half a lime or le...