1 cup flour (1 cup=240g),
1 and 1/2 cup milk,
3 large eggs,
1 teaspoon sugar,
2 tablespoon unsalted butter,
pinch of salt.
For the filling:
handful of raisins,
2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
For the sauce:
handfuls of strawberries or blueberries,
2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
I love this recipe for french pancakes because it is so easy to prepare. The recipe is quite good for the small amount of time and effort it requires, but there wasn’t much of a chance to practice and perfect them. Because these pancakes are very thin and delicate they are perfect with all sorts of fillings. These ones will be served with ricotta cheese. The ricotta has a sweet flavour so this dish is perfect for dessert or as a sweet snack.
1. Melt butter and cool in the refrigerator (or freezer). We need the butter melted and cool.
2. While the butter cools, mix the flour, sugar and salt.
3.In a separate container, beat the eggs and milk.
4. Pour half of the milk mixture into the flour.
5. Mix well until smooth.
6. Add the chilled butter. Stir.
7. Add the remaining egg and milk mix.
8. Mix well. The consistency should be thick.
9. Heat the pan over a medium heat, grease the pan by spraying or sprinkling in oil, remove excess oil with a paper towel. Measure 1/4cup of batter into the pan.
10. Evenly spread the batter in the pan, I have a large pan pizza which is perfect for cooking pancakes, I use a wooden stick in a circular motion to distribute the dough evenly. If you are using a normal pan simple tilt the pan in a circular motion. Cook the pancakes on this side for about 25 seconds.
11. Once the edges of the pancake starts to get golden brown, quickly flip the pancake with a spatula. If you do everything perfect the first time, then repeat, you will have perfect, thin and golden pancakes.
12. Cook this side for no more then 20 seconds, any longer and the pancake will become dry and brittle.
13.Move the pancake to a plate. I got 14 pancakes comfortably by measuring 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
14. Make the stuffing. Push the ricotta through a sieve. Fill a bowl with boiling water and add the raisins, allow to soak for a few minutes.
15. Add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to the ricotta. Stir.
16. Drain the raisins. If raisins are large, they can be cut into small pieces, I do not like large raisins in the cottage cheese, because large raisins tend to get crushed while you stir the mix. Mix the raisins with the ricotta.
17. Next, smear half of the pancake with the filling, and fold into a triangle, as I showed here. To make the sauce, blend the strawberries with the sugar, if you use frozen strawberries you can heat the sauce over a low heat, so it’s even tastier. Decorate the pancakes with leftover berries from the sauce if you have them, pour the sauce over the top and serve hot with lime or green tea.
For the dough: 50g unsalted butter, cold 1 egg, 3 tablespoo...
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup hot water, 1 cup flo...
20g unsalted butter, 1 small onion (around 85g), 1 stalk of cele...
250g flour, 300g zucchini, 100ml olive oil, 2 teaspoons baking ...