20g unsalted butter,
1 small onion (around 85g), 1 celery stalk (about 20g),
500g mushrooms (I used button mushrooms),
300-500ml white stock (hot),
175ml double cream (hot),
salt and pepper.
I made this recipe by altering this creamy broccoli soup recipe, I used the same base recipe then just replaced the broccoli for cooked mushrooms.
1. Cut the onion and celery.
2. Fry the onion and celery in butter until the onions become soft and translucent.
3. Add the mushrooms.
4. Fry the mushrooms until fully cooked, keep over the heat until the juices evaporate.
5. Set aside a few mushrooms for garnish.
6. Add the mushrooms to a pot and add the veloute.
7. Cook over a medium heat for 15 minutes.
8. After 15 minutes, puree the mixture in a blender.
9. Strain the soup through a sieve back into the pot.
10. Return the saucepan to the stove and dilute with hot white stock until you reach desired consistency. I added about 300 ml, so the soup was quite thick, if you like the soup a bit thinner – add more stock. We bring the soup to a boil and remove from heat.
11. Add the hot cream to the soup and stir.
12. Voila! The soup is ready to serve.
13. Decorate the soup a few mushrooms and serve while hot. This soup is very rich, creamy and has a bright mushroom flavor.
2 cups fresh or frozen berries, 6 tablespoons of fine white sug...
500g fresh strawberries, 250g mozzarella, 1 mandarin (or grape...
1 kg of minced turkey (or pork, beef, pork + beef mix, etc.), 9...
6-8 middle-sized potatoes, butter, 2 tbsp of olive oil, ...