1 tablespoon granulated sugar ,
1 teaspoon baking powder,
pinch of salt,
375ml whole milk,
30g unsalted butter,
2 small eggs,
I’ve always wanted to try real American pancakes, I even bought a packet mixture or them, but I found this recipe in the book “On Cooking” (стр. 673) and decided to make them instead. The original recipe had no blueberries but there was an option suggesting to add berries, I had a box of blueberries and decided to add them- they were delicious.
1. Melt the butter and move it to the fridge to allow it to cool slightly.
2. Mix the flour, salt, sugar and baking powder together.
3. Mix the cool butter, milk and eggs in a separate bowl.
4. Add the milk mixture to the flour, mix well until smooth.
5. Add the berries. Stir gently.
6. Warm the pan and grease with some clarrified butter. Using a 1/4 cup measurement, fill it with the pancake batter then pour it into the warmed pan.
7. Once small bubbles apear on the surface the pancake is ready to flipped. Flip the pancake and cook for about 20-30 seconds.
8.Using this amount of mixture I got 14 pancakes.
9. This recipe is very simple, I like it and the variations are a great! The book used twice the amount of ingredients but because I have a small family 14 pancakes were enough. These pancakes are not only delicious but they are nutritious. Serve te pancakes with honey or a small scoop of ice cream.
2 sweet pears, half a pineapple, 300g grapes, 300g strawberr...
Lettuce, 10-15 cherry tomatoes, 200g green beans, bunch of pars...
100g almond meal (or almond, milled in a blender), 120 g of whe...
For the dough: 7 g of dried yeast, (1 packet), 1.5 cups (360ml) ...