1 large chicken (1.5 kg),
2 medium onions,
2 cinnamon sticks,
1 sheaf of fresh coriander,
1 tsp. of freshly grated ginger,
50 ml of olive oil,
300 ml of saffron water,
1 tsp. of salt,
1 / 2 tsp. of white pepper,
50 g of unsalted butter,
4 tbsp. of brown sugar,
2 tsp. of sesame seed for decoration.
This recipe is perhaps my favourite when cooking with chicken! The combination of fructose sugars with chicken is always a delight and this recipe is no exception as the chicken becomes tender and flavourful. The Tajine pot creates the outcome we are looking for in this recipe. The aroma of the chicken combined with pear and caramel along with all our ingredients, cinnamon, coriander, ginger and saffron fill your home with mouth-watering fragrance.
1. Make the saffron water. Add a couple of saffron threads to a cup of warm water. Put to the side. The water should infuse well and get a rich color and smell.
2. Pre- cut chicken into pieces. Cut the onion and grate the fresh ginger.
3. Fry the onions in olive oil until golden brown.
4. Spread the chicken onto onions and fry on both sides until a golden brown crust appears.
5. Salt it, pepper it, sprinkle with ginger, put in coriander tied up in a sheaf , add cinnamon sticks and fill with the saffron water. Cover with the lid and stew on low heat for about 40-60 minutes. My tajine is from IKEA and it does not fit the oven, so I stew on a stove. If you have small clay tajine then let chicken stew first 30 minutes on the stove, and then put it in the preheated oven for another 30 minutes.
6. While the chicken is stewing, let’s karamelize the pears. Peele them and remove the core, then cut each into 4 wedges.
7. Pour a little water in a preheated pan, and dissolve sugar in the water.
The original recipe calls for 5 tablespoons of honey, but I have a honey allergy, so I replaced the honey with brown sugar, and obtained a perfect caramel.
8. Add the pears. On a low heat, caramelize the pears, turning them constantly, for about the same time as the chicken stews. This is the end result of the caramelization.
9. Once the chicken is finished stewing, add into it our mouth-watering pears.
10. And simmer on low heat again for another 10 minutes.
11.While the chicken with pears is being stewed, fry the sesame seeds on a clean pan. Just a couple of minutes, until golden brown.
12. Voilà! Chicken Tajine with magical pears and the breathtaking aroma of cinnamon is ready.
13. Now just sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
14. And serve it hot. This is the most delicious chicken recipe I ever cooked, if you have not tried it before — be sure to try!
240ml vegetable oil (I used canola oil), 1 egg yolk, pinch of sa...
2 zucchini, 2 eggs, 1 potato, 50g cheese, 1 onion, 2 garlic c...
Eggs (as many as you like), boiling water over a low heat, 15ml ...
2 large tomatoes, half an avocado, bunch of parsley, chives, 3...