For 2 people we need:
1 bunch of arugula (can be replaced with any salad greens),
2 ripe tomatoes,
2 hard boiled eggs,
1 red onion,
8 anchovy fillets in oil,
half of a green or red capsicum,
200 grams of sprouted beans (plus a clove of garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, a bunch of parsley)),
2 tablespoons black olives,
2 teaspoons lemon juice,
For the dressing:
5 tablespoon olive oil,
1 garlic clove (crushed),
7-8 basil leaves (chopped),
1 tablespoon wine vinegar,
Salad Nicoise- is a salad made from vegetables, tuna or anchovies or both. This salad is usually associated with the Azure Coast of France and named after the city of Nice. There are many variations of these salad. You can alter the recipe to your own taste. Nicoise salad is my favourite salad, so I have experimented with it a lot, I love this recipe the way it is because it has a very rich and diverse flavour.
1. Wash all the vegetables and herbs. Make the salad dressing in advanced. Mix the olive oil and vinegar together.
2. Chop the garlic and basil leaves. Add them to the oil, season with salt and pepper, mix well. The dressing is ready, set it aside.
3. Now we’ll start to prepare the vegetables. Cook the beans for about 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
4. Strain the beans in a colander, pour cold water over them. This will help the beans maintain crispness and a beautiful green colour.
5. Cut the ends off the beans, cut the beans into three pieces.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add the crushed garlic.
7. Add the beans to the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes.
8. When the beans are cooked finely chop the parsley.
9. Sprinkle lemon juice and parsley over the beans.
10. Gently stir the beans, set aside to cool.
11. Next, take two serving plates out, layer each with arugula (or torn lettuce), onions cut into half rings, tomatoes and then beans.
12. Layer the sliced pepper.
13. Layer the tomatoes.
14. Gently stir the salad with fork, add the dressing and stir again. Season with salt and pepper. Before serving cut the egg into four slices and layer on top of the salad. Put the olives and anchovies (4 per person). Sprinkle with lemon juice and voila! The salad is ready!
Also you can add tuna. This salad is also great without eggs, anchovies and tuna used as a garnish for Ribeye steak. This salad very nutritious with tuna. As I said, you can alter this salad as much as you like.
Preparation time 45 minutes, serves 4: 75g unsalted butter, 2...
750ml vegetable stock (hot), 300g rice, 2 cups dry white wine, ...
1kg chicken breast cut in half, 1 cup heavy cream, 1 t...
4 slices of bread, 2 eggs, 1 tablespoon lime or lemon zest, 1/2...