1 zucchini (courgette),
1 red bell pepper,
1 green bell pepper,
1 large pepper,
2 garlic cloves,
50ml olive oil,
8-10 basil leaves,
350ml tomato puree.
Ratatouille – a traditional Provencal vegetable dish. Ratatouille is usually served as a sidedish, but it can also be served as an independent dish. Provencal ratatouille stew is quite similar to other vegetable stews from different countries such as in Italian cuisine there is a dish called kaponata, in Spanish – Piste and the Hungarian – lecho.
Tomatoes are a key component of this dish, as is garlic, onions, zucchini (courgettes), eggplant, peppers, basil, sometimes carrots, marjoram, or thyme and bay leaf, or a mixture of any of your favorite herbs.
There are many variations to this dish.
Traditionally ratatouille is cooked very simply, all the vegetables are lumped together and simmered until tender. Some cooks insist that the eggplant, zucchini and tomato slices should be cut, after which they spread in a pan and baked in the oven, while the vegetables are cooking a sauce is made from the tomatoes, onions, garlic and bell pepper, the sauce is then drizzled over the roasted vegetables. The third method is similar to previous ones, but the ingredients are not baked in the oven, they are lightly fried in a large saucepan and stewed over a low heat. I’ll show you this method ,it is taken from the book “On Cooking” (page 756).
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
2. Prepare all the vegetables. Cut them into cubes.
3. In the olive oil, fry onion and garlic until the onion is translucent and soft.
4. Add the zucchini, eggplant and peppers to the onion. Fry for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are soft, but do not lose there shape.
5. While the vegetables stew, chop the basil leaves. The easiest way to cut the herbs is to roll the leaves so they look like a cigar, then thinly slice.
6. After 10 minutes add the tomato puree.
7. Add the basil and mix well. Season with salt and pepper, simmer for another 5 minutes.
8. Voila! The ratatouille is ready.
9. Quick, easy and nutritious!
For the cake: 4 eggs, 125g flour, 125g fine white sugar, for t...
3 ripe bananas, 200g flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 100g uns...
500g plums, 4 eggs, 360 ml milk 60 g sugar, 60 g of...
1 ripe pineapple (canned pineapple can be used), 1 medium red oni...