2/3 bottle of dry red wine,
80ml olive oil,
40g unsalted butter,
3 small onion,
350g celery stalks,
3 garlic cloves,
5 thyme sprigs,
3 rosemary sprigs,
freshly ground black peppers,
As you know, chicken is bland and mild in flavour, it can be quite flavourless if it’s not flavoured with herbs and spices. The herbs and spices in this recipe give the chicken a unique, rich and intense aroma and flavour. The meat is stewed in wine, making it very tender and fragrant.
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Wash the celery stalks, peel and cut the onions into large rings. Spread the vegetables on a baking tray, sprinkle with olive oil and roast for 15 minutes.
2. In a heavy-based casserole dish melt the butter in the olive oil.
3. Put the chicken drumsticks in the pan and fry on both sides until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, crush the garlic with the skin attached. Separate the rosemary leaves from the stems.
5. Take the vegetables out of the oven and place them on top of the chicken drumsticks. Season well with salt and pepper, add the garlic, rosemary leaves and thyme sprigs. Add the wine, cover with a lid (I used a Tajine, but you could use a normal pan) and simmer for about an hour.
6. After an hour remove the lid, simmer until nearly all the liquid evaporates, it took me about 30-40 minutes.
7. Voila! The chicken is ready! Move to a dish, allow to cool slightly then serve. This dish has a wonderful aroma that spreads through the house and yard. The chicken came out very tender, juicy and fragrant. I strongly advise that you try out this dish, there is nothing complicated about the recipe and it has gorgeous results.
500g chicken liver, 100g unsalted butter, 5 tablespoon olive o...
2.2kg beef, cut into large cubes(4х4), 4-5 large onions (around 9...
2 pieces of steak of tuna, a couple of sprigs of rosemary, m...
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup hot water, 1 large e...