115g butter at room temperature,
200g ricotta (or low fat cottage cheese pushed through a sieve),
1 teaspoon baking powder,
1 teaspoon almond essence,
One Saturday morning I really wanted to bake some cottage cheese cupcakes, I didn’t have any fruits or berries so I decided to try some cupcakes using nuts. I searched the internet for an interesting recipe with nut but couldn’t find anything that caught my eye. I eventually came up with my own recipe based on this cottage cheese cake, I modified it slightly by substituting the berries for nuts and using cup cake molds instead of a cake tin.
1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grind the nuts in a blender, make sure they still coarse in texture.
2. Whisk sugar and butter for approximately 5-7 minutes.
3. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
4. Grate the lime or lemon zest. For some reason it is hard to find lemons in the Dominican Republic so I am forever using limes.
5. Add the zest, lemon juice and almond essence to the cottage cheese mixture. Stir well.
6. Add nuts and mix again.
7. Then stir the eggs in one at a time.
8. Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture. Mix well.
9. Grease the muffin molds (or cake tin if you’ve decided to bake a big cake) with oil. Fill the molds with the batter and sprinkle ground pistachios over the top as decoration. Bake for 20-15 minutes depending on your oven (or 40-45 minutes for a big cake). The cupcakes should have a nice golden crust on top.
10. Voila! The muffins are ready! Leave them in the molds and allow them to cool slightly. Move the cooled muffins to a serving plate.
11. Here’s a picture of one cut in half. See how moist they are but with beautiful chunks of nuts.
12. I had some extra batter so I used some ramekins as molds. They are very cute, beautiful and most importantly, delicious!
13. These cupcakes are wonderfully airy and soft despite the nuts. These muffins are great for breakfast with some fruit salad. They are also great with a hot cup of tea or hot chocolate.
for the cake: 400g flour, 450g sugar, 1 cup milk, 5 eggs, 10...
Lettuce, 3 tomatoes, for the dressing: bunch arugula, 50ml o...
1 cup rice, 1 pineapple, 1 onion, 1/4 cup orange or pineapple j...
20g unsalted butter, 1 small onion (around 85g), 1 celery stalk (...