200g unsalted butter (at room temperature),
2 egg yolks (+ one extra yolk for egg wash),
pinch of salt,
sesame seeds for sprinkling.
It is believed that theses cookies came about in the 7th century in Persia (now Iran). It was one of the first countries to cultivate sugar (luxurious cakes and pastries were well known in the Persian Empire). Sugar spread to Persia and then to the eastern Mediterranean. Cooking methods and ingredients of Arabia spread into Northern Europe during the Muslim conquest of Spain. In the 14th century, these cookies were distributed in all cultures throughout Europe, from royal cuisine to street vendors.
Shortbread is a delicious crumbly cookie, they are quite childish and tasty. Here I’ll show you the easiest way to make these cookies. The basic recipe for these cookies usually include flour, sugar, butter and egg yolks.
1. Sift the flour and salt into a bowl, add the butter and sugar. Knead with your hands.
2. The mixture should resemble breadcrumbs.
3. Add the egg yolks and knead until smooth. Form the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap, put in the refrigerator for an hour.
5.Now everything is easy! Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Remove the dough from the fridge, allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Roll the dough 3-4 mm thick, cut out biscuits with your favorite molds. Put the cookies on greased baking sheet, brush with egg wash (egg yolk can be + 1 tablespoon water). You can sprinkle with sesame seeds and sugar if you like. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on the cookies, they can be as golden as you like.
6. Voila! Move the biscuits to a plate. Wait until they cool slightly.
7. The cookies came out very crisp, tender, sweet and flavorful. The wonderful creamy smell of baking wafted through the entire apartment. Serve while the cookies are still warm with a glass of cold milk, just like when you were a kid!
2-3 eggs, oil, parsley. What could be simpler than an omelett...
1 melon, 100g sugar, juice of half a lime (or lemon). I reall...
1 ripe avocado, 200g ricotta or low-fat cottage cheese, 1 tables...
1 cup rice, 2 cups water, 1 ripe pineapple, 1-2 tablespoons bro...