pinch of nutmeg.
Béchamel sauce, also known as white sauce, is one of the basic sauces of French cuisine and is used in many Italian dishes, such as lasagna. It is used as a base for other sauces. I got the recipe for this sauce from the book On Cooking (page 237).
1. Put the milk over a low heat, add the onion and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, make Roux. Heat the butter and mix it with flour, stir continuously until the mixture is completely combined.
3. Remove the onion and discard, pour the milk in a thin stream into the milk, stirring all the time. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce through a cheesecloth.
5. Voila! The bechamel sauce is ready. If you need more of this sauce, such as for lasagna, multiply everything by two. If you like, add 30ml of hot cream and a few drops of lemon juice, you’ll have a lovely creamy sauce.
240ml vegetable oil (I used canola oil), 1 egg yolk, pinch of sa...
450g flour, 5 teaspoons baking powder 1.5 teaspoon salt, 110g b...
500g mussels (without the shells), 3 hard boiled eggs, 100ml dry...
500g minced beef , 500ml tomato pasta sauce, 2 tablespoons toma...