pinch of nutmeg.
Béchamel sauce, also known as white sauce, is one of the basic sauces of French cuisine and is used in many Italian dishes, such as lasagna. It is used as a base for other sauces. I got the recipe for this sauce from the book On Cooking (page 237).
1. Put the milk over a low heat, add the onion and cook over a low heat for 20 minutes.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, make Roux. Heat the butter and mix it with flour, stir continuously until the mixture is completely combined.
3. Remove the onion and discard, pour the milk in a thin stream into the milk, stirring all the time. Cook over low heat for 30 minutes.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Strain the sauce through a cheesecloth.
5. Voila! The bechamel sauce is ready. If you need more of this sauce, such as for lasagna, multiply everything by two. If you like, add 30ml of hot cream and a few drops of lemon juice, you’ll have a lovely creamy sauce.
500-750g broiled pork fillet, 4 large potatoes boiled in their sk...
For 5 litre pot: 600-700g pork, 2 small beets (or 1 large), 5-6...
Preparation time 10 minutes + 25 minutes baking, cup = 250 ml: ...
3 beef medallions, 3-4 rashers of bacon, 1 onion, 1 clove...