Two different types of lettuce,
1 red onion,
1 garlic clove,
2 tablespoons olive oil,
juice of half a lime (or lemon),
freshly ground black pepper.
This isn’t really a recipe, it’s just an idea of how to beautifully present salad. I took this recipe from the book On Cooking
1. Wash and dry the lettuce and tomato. Make the dressing by mixing the oil, lime juice and chopped garlic.
2. Select the biggest lettuce leaves.
3. Slice the onions into fine rings. Lay two rings on top of each leave.
4. Brush dressing over the lettuce, season with salt and pepper.
5. Now layer smaller leaves of lettuce on top. Top with a slice of tomato and cheese. Season again with salt and pepper. Brush the whole “sandwich” with dressing. Fasten with a toothpick and olive.
6. Voila! The salad is ready to be served. Obviously you can change the salad ingredients and present them the same way, use your imagination or whatever in your fridge.
1kg chicken, 4 egg whites, 15g salt, nutmeg to taste, white pe...
250g fresh spinach (or frozen), 250g ricotta, 3 tablespoons cor...
For the cake: 4 eggs, 125g flour, 125g fine white sugar, for t...
200g cottage cheese, figs, grapes. This is not a recipe, bu...